room to open...

Once again, open on my desk is my bullet-cum-art journal...

Pages I made last week under the Super, Blue Moon, using pages printed from Anne Hayman's workbook. And in the spirit of openness, I share this, although my work with tarot/oracle cards is usually a very personal, private practice.


... I drew these 3 cards (from the Druidcraft Tarot)* in response to Anne's questions:

Card 1 - What am I here to share with the world?
5 of Cups I am here to share my vulnerability, my openness to pain, and loss, and grieving.

Card 2 - How can I have more compassion?
9 of Swords We are all fighting our battles. Most don't show it. Compassion for all - including myself. 

Card 3 - How can shine even brighter than ever before?
6 of Pentacles I can shine by being generous with what I have, and by being honest
 about what I need and when.

It was interesting to draw these often-considered gloomy, negative cards - especially when I was feeling very energized and upbeat at the time. Just shows how being open to whatever comes can be most revealing... 

Sharing with Julia at WOYWW.

* This was my first tarot deck (bought about 13 years ago), and it's still a favourite, although nowadays I prefer to interpret the cards myself rather than use the enclosed book.

Comments

BJ said…
Love the moon page but had the skip the tarot stuff as I don't do that sort of thing. BJ#2
Helen said…
Great moon page! Helen #3
Lynn Holland said…
Hi Claire
That was interesting especially as I’m a Leo to.
Hope you got the email about the old blog post and the notebook you made and sent me all that time ago.
Lynn x 13
Christine said…
Super moon wasn't it? I didn't get any colours but it was very big and bright.
Take care and stay warm
Christine #21
Sarah Brennan said…
Love your moon page! Have a good week. Sarah #23
Lunch Lady Jan said…
Well, how interesting and pertinent was this post?! I am a Leo so found it quite thought provoking. I also read the Tarot, mostly for myself and the family but occasionally for friends if they ask - I have the Robin Wood deck because I love the illustrations :-) Ooh, I want to ask you lots of questions now.....
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx
Latane Barton said…
nice journaling.
Marit said…
I 'played' with tarot when I was young but it's not my cup of tea.. .I do like your pages though! Happy woyww, warm hug from Holland. Marit #26
Hi Claire, interesting post. I have a Tarot deck from years ago and I've not had them out for ages but I agree with you that I rather interpret the cards myself though the book that comes with them is interesting to read and helps when you are first getting started. Thanks for the visit to mine and hope you have a very happy woyww, Angela x17x
shazsilverwolf said…
Hi Claire, I love what you've shared this week. i have many, many Tarot packs- I can guarantee a pack usually calls to me when we are in a shop selling them! A fellow Leo here, so was intrigued with your selection. I can always remember when I got my first pack, and had a question in mind when I did my first spread, and found the cards very relevant. So I did it again and got the exact same cards in the same positions. Did exactly the same for a third time,then the fourth was total gibberish, which I took to mean stop doubting it! I was just divorced, and always had real problems from my ex, and realised every time I drew the two of swords, I'd get a phone call causing problems from my ex! Great post, and very interesting. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #11 XxX
My mom used to dabble a bit with tarrot, long time ago. Thx for your visit and shame on me for not getting my link correct 😶😶😶
Sue said…
Hi Claire, I love the Tarrot cards and your journal pages.

Thanks for stopping bymy blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #22
Julia Dunnit said…
Interesting. Loved the moon experience and like many, I basked in the white light, didn’t experience any colour. Tarot is interesting isn’t it, and I agree with the cards to an extent, if you aren’t compassionate with yourself, you can’t show compassion to others, for sure.
Neet said…
I don't know much about Tarot cards but I love how you are going with it. Gorgeous writing and artwork - very interesting. I imagine it is an interesting topic to study.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx (been asleep all day)
Shoshi said…
I'm with BJ - I don't do tarot or anything like that, but the moon page is lovely. We didn't see the supermoon. Too cloudy here! Thank you for your visit to my blog - so glad you liked my coloured backgrounds. I did more cooking today - chicken instead of salmon today, but I did add broccoli!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18
wisps of words said…
Lovely...

Always love the Moon...

Have not done Tarot, but had someone draw cards, for me. I need to find out more about it....

Popular Posts