room to nap...

I have always been a great napper - especially a wee siesta straight after lunch 😪
Before the stroke, a quick 20 minutes shut-eye would do the trick - I'd return to my desk with renewed vigour ready to hit the next manuscript (I was a freelance copyeditor/proofreader). Nowadays, it's more likely to be one to two hours (especially after hydrotherapy)!!

(image from google)

There's ongoing research into the power of napping, of giving our brains time to pause, to power-down, to recharge... I think a quick walk outside can have a similar effect - to clear the head, to fill the lungs (hopefully with fresh air), to give the eyes something else to look at other than computer screens and paperwork.

What do you think? Are you a napper, a walker? Should our work-places be more flexible, more accommodating to what helps people work smarter, rather than insisting they put in the long hours regardless of whether or not they're productive? 

Comments

wisps of words said…
I have always napped. Even with children and grandchildren. It was simply expected, and they did it... Naps, when small. Quiet time, in their room, when bigger.

(Took Nana-Day-Care of oldest granddaughter, for many years)

It was simply necessary for Mom/Nana. They were to allow me to nap. So they did.

I shake my head, when I hear young mothers bemoan how their toddler "will not nap" anymore. Ahemmmm... Who is the adult here?

Naps rock!!!!!

Say I...!!!

Popular Posts